Welcome to the Anchorage Society for Human Resource Management (ASHRM)
We welcome you to use this website as a resource and encourage you to get involved in our organization. Not only does our connection introduce you to Anchorage but also our affiliate - National SHRM the world’s largest association devoted to human resource management.
Whether you are new to the HR field or have many years of experience, we are a local starting point for networking, information, professional development and continued support of excellence in Human Resources. ASHRM represents over 400 members in our community. Talking about members ASHRM received the SHRM Membership Super Star State Award! This means that we were able to increase membership by over 3% statewide, putting us up there as one of the top chapters with this achievement in the nation.
The Anchorage Chapter was selected as the 2013 recipient of SHRM's Pinnacle Award for "The Last Recertification Frontier" program, where we have been pre-approving for HRCI credit all offerings to our members, increasing opportunities to get recertification credits locally, among other benefits.
Thanks to you all for continuing to recognize the importance of SHRM membership.
ASHRM Members: Vote Now to Approve Our By-Laws!
We’re celebrating ASHRM’s 40th birthday at our Spring Networking Event on May 7th! Clear your calendar and register to attend.
For more details about the event click here:
In order to make this our most successful networking event yet, we need help from you! Below are a few areas we need some help in:
- Pictures: We are putting together a collection of pictures that shows how ASHRM has evolved over the years. If you have photos from any previous ASHRM events, meetings, activities, etc., please take a moment and send them to us at ASHRM.email@example.com.
- Gifts/donations: We are currently looking for “door prize” gifts for our giveaways during the event. If you or your company would like to donate something, please email ASHRM.firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be happy to come pick it up ahead of time. We are looking for anything from company swag to gift cards and trips.
- Sponsors: Would your company be interested in sponsoring an ASHRM event like this? There are five different levels of sponsorship available, with different partner benefits at every level. Sponsorship is a valuable marketing tool for any company and gets them exposure to our group of 500 HR professionals. For more information about sponsorship contact ASHRMsponsor@gmail.com.
See you May 7th!
Upcoming EventsSee All >
August 12, 2014, 11:15am – 1:00pmCrowne Plaza...
September 9, 2014, 11:15am – 1:00pmCrowne Plaza
Affiliate NewsSee All >
ASHRM is one of a handful of chapters in the United States that have received SHRM’s Pinnacle Award not once, but three times for outstanding achievement in chapter development and contributions to the advancement of effective human resource management.The programs recognized include ASHRM’s Partnership with Mayor’s Diversity Month (2007), HR & Order (2002) and HRCI Certification Study Group (1998).
Several of its programs, members and student chapters have also been recognized by the Northwest Human Resource Management Association (NHRMA):
NHRMA's Randy Lundberg Northern Lights Award
This award recognizes Association Chapters for outstanding achievement and excellence in overall chapter programming and operations. This award is named for NHRMA Awards and Recognition Director Randy Lundberg, a member of the Rogue Valley Chapter, who was designing an award to recognize NHRMA Chapter Achievements at the time of his death in 1994.
- 2012 A Multi-Agency Partnership at Work
- 2010 The Last HRCI Recertification Frontier
- 2008 ASHRM Partnership with the Municipality of Anchorage’s “Mayor’s Diversity Month”
- 2004 Transition Assistance Program (TAP)
- 1996 Outstanding Chapter Operations
NHRMA's Distinguished Member
This award is intended to be a “HUMAN RESOURCES PROFESSION ACHIEVEMENT AWARD” to individuals who have provided exceptional service to the profession over a period of years.
- Kristi Acuff, SPHR (2003)
- Todd Allen, SPHR, CCP
- Louis M. Christie, SPHR (2010)
- Ronald Fraze, SPHR
- Patty Hickok, SPHR, GPHR (2011)
- James Jose, Ph.D., SPHR
- Nancy Miller, SPHR (2012)
- Arve Solomon
- Mary Tesch, SPHR (2008)
NHRMA's Robert W. Denomy Award for Student Leadership
This award recognizes students who have performed outstanding service to the HR profession and to the Association, in the best tradition of Bob Denomy. Bob Denomy is now retired after many years of service as PNPMA/NHRMA Association Director, providing significant support to the development and growth of student HRM programs in the Pacific Northwest.
- 2011 Julie Drinnen Wayland Baptist University Student Chapter, Anchorage
- 2010 Bonnie Dorman Wayland Baptist University Student Chapter, Anchorage
- 2003 Patty Hickok University of Alaska Anchorage Student Chapter, Anchorage
ASHRM is a 501(c), non-profit, tax-exempt organization.