ASHRM is one of a handful of chapters in the United States that have received SHRM’s Pinnacle Award not once, but three times for outstanding achievement in chapter development and contributions to the advancement of effective human resource management.The programs recognized include ASHRM’s Partnership with Mayor’s Diversity Month (2007), HR & Order (2002) and HRCI Certification Study Group (1998).
Several of its programs, members and student chapters have also been recognized by the Northwest Human Resource Management Association (NHRMA):
ASHRM Member of the Year
2014 - Sandi Weber, PHR
2013 - Nancy Miller, SPHR
2012 - Dave Rhodes
2010 - Bonnie Dorman
2009 - Darci Ahlien Stern, PHR
2002 - Bosco Baldwin, SPHR
NHRMA's Randy Lundberg Northern Lights Award
This award recognizes Association Chapters for outstanding achievement and excellence in overall chapter programming and operations. This award is named for NHRMA Awards and Recognition Director Randy Lundberg, a member of the Rogue Valley Chapter, who was designing an award to recognize NHRMA Chapter Achievements at the time of his death in 1994.
- 2012 A Multi-Agency Partnership at Work
- 2010 The Last HRCI Recertification Frontier
- 2008 ASHRM Partnership with the Municipality of Anchorage’s “Mayor’s Diversity Month”
- 2004 Transition Assistance Program (TAP)
- 1996 Outstanding Chapter Operations
NHRMA's Distinguished Member
This award is intended to be a “HUMAN RESOURCES PROFESSION ACHIEVEMENT AWARD” to individuals who have provided exceptional service to the profession over a period of years.
- Kristi Acuff, SPHR (2003)
- Todd Allen, SPHR, CCP
- Louis M. Christie, SPHR (2010)
- Ronald Fraze, SPHR
- Patty Hickok, SPHR, GPHR (2011)
- James Jose, Ph.D., SPHR
- Arve Solomon
- Mary Tesch, SPHR (2008)
NHRMA's Robert W. Denomy Award for Student Leadership
This award recognizes students who have performed outstanding service to the HR profession and to the Association, in the best tradition of Bob Denomy. Bob Denomy is now retired after many years of service as PNPMA/NHRMA Association Director, providing significant support to the development and growth of student HRM programs in the Pacific Northwest.
- 2014 Rachel Saddler, Wayland Baptist University Student Chapter, Anchorage
- 2013 Brittany Sogge, Wayland Baptist University Student Chapter, Anchorage
- 2011 Julie Drinnen, Wayland Baptist University Student Chapter, Anchorage
- 2010 Bonnie Dorman, Wayland Baptist University Student Chapter, Anchorage
- 2003 Patty Hickok, University of Alaska Anchorage Student Chapter, Anchorage
Northwest Human Resource Management Association (NHRMA) is an ASHRM Partner
NHRMA host an annual conference and tradeshow, as well as a Human Resources Academy which is approved for HRCI credits. Please see the NHRMA website or our meetings and events section for more information.
ASHRM is a 501(c), non-profit, tax-exempt organization.